Thursday, February 4, 2010

What is Music?

The answer to this question can be different for every person, but for me music is more than just notes on a paper or a note on an instrument its a way to express my emotions through sounds and words(although i dont sing i do help write lyrics). Music has so much passion and is an amazing thing. Me being a songwriter I probally think of music as being something totally different then someone who listens to Lady Gaga or Kesha. Someone who listens to this could think it is music which I guess by definition it is, but its artificial and not sincere at all, its a quick trip to fame and having songwriters write your songs for you I do not think is music .I think music is an escape in ways, it can help you get through hard times and it can bring really good times. When I am playing music infront of people or by myself or at a concert for one of my favorite bands the rest of the world is on pause its just me, or me and my friends and the music. I dont have to worry about whats going on in life and I can just escape in the music. So to close music for me is expression wheather it be singing to a song, playing guitar by yourself, playing to a crowd of people, or yelling your lungs out at a concert its all expressing your emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment